Thursday, January 31, 2013

Happy Birthday To Us!

 
We have several surprises up our sleeves for our birthday week next week! Number one, we did a redesign on our blog. How do you like it? Next we thought it would be fun to have a couple of guest designers next month. So we would like to introduce both of them to you so you can look forward to seeing their fabulous designs for the February challenges.


I started crafts as a child, and specifically Scrapbooking after my first daughter was born, almost 6 years ago. I had so many photos and I wanted to do something with them. I had no idea how involved I would become in paper crafts. I do many types of crafts but paper crafts I do most often - I make many cards each month for friends and family birthdays.
My favorite type of projects are gift projects - from cards to altered projects. I am a huge fan of October Afternoon, they're my favorite manufacturer.



Growing up with a mom who did pretty much every type of craft, I was destined to get into some kind of crafting hobby. I tried scrapbooking while in high school (like awful, "jam 5-4x6 matted photos on a white page with a title" type scrapping) but it wasn't until I was introduced to stamping and card making that I really started to get into this whole paper-crafting thing! I loved it so much that I started into Stampin' Up! and teaching card making classes. Then, with the introduction of Mid-Week Mojos over at ScrapbookSteals.com, I finally was able to start taking my scrapbooking to a new level. With two small kiddos in the house, thank goodness for scrapping! Not only can I document the memories, but I get a bit of a much needed mommy break doing it. I have a lot still to learn but love every minute of it!


Would YOU like to be considered as a future guest designer for The Paper Girls? If so, please add your name and link to your blog address in the linky below! Next time we need a guest designer or two we'll hunt you out here!


We can hardly wait for everyone to see what else we have planned for our birthday next week! Make sure you check back with us on Monday for the next Challenge and everything else!



6 comments:

Michele Duffy said...

Definitely looking forward to Jennifer and Becci's creations next month! The new blog looks great :)

Anonymous said...

I really like the redesign. Nice job!

Brittany M. said...

So much fun! The new blog looks really nice!

Monica S said...

I can't believe it is almost a year! Looking forward to next week!

Deborah Johnson said...

A whole year????!!!! LOVE IT!

Blog looks awesome - I need a new "badge" for my blog! And two awesome guest designers coming up - WOWZA!

Amy Williams said...

Congrats on a year! Love the new look! I'm hoping to participate more than just once this year! :-)