Monday, September 21, 2015

#88 - Sweater Weather

Hello Paper Girls, 

This is Brittany and I'm here to host the second challenge of the month:

#87 - Sweater Weather
 
With the Fall Equinox just around the corner we know that the weather is changing, and that typically means cooler temperatures, crispy leaves, pumpkins, sweaters and other cozy, spicy goodies. So, what inspires you about the changing weather? 
 
Our guest designer for the month of September, Kim Klinkovsky, shared this with us:


Who's ready for sweater weather? I love this time of year when the leaves are changing, the air is getting cooler, and you start seeing patterns of the season. I was inspired by the plaid sweaters you see this time of year and created this card with my sister with no stamping. We started with a red card base and a square punch. We punched out three different pattern papers from the same coordinating 6x6 pad by Authentique-Believe Collection. Adhered the squares in a pinwheel quilt pattern, added some colored adhesive pearls, buttons, bakers twine, and a tag sentiment. See what you can make with just a few supplies and a little imagination?

 

Thank you, Kim! We are so glad we had the chance to have you part of our team for the month!

Fall for me is a time of harvest for our family. We have fruit trees and grape vines that typically produce quite of bit of delicious happiness at this time of the year, so I created this layout to capture this event - and I couldn't resist but adding a few die cut pieces of sweater to add to the theme!


Here is how the rest of our talent design team interpreted this challenge:

 October Afternoon Apple Cider collection had
the perfect cards to match with the sweet pic of DGS in his warm hoody.

Michele



And now the winner of Challenge #86 (Grateful/Thankful) is: 

Congratulations! Please send an e-mail with your shipping info to papergirlschallengeblog@gmail.com to claim your prize within two weeks.

We look forward to having you play along with the Sweater Weather Challenge! You have two weeks to link your project below.
New to our Challenges? Please click here to refer to the rules to play.

Have an amazing day!

5 comments:

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Hi Girls,
Thanks for having me as your guest designer this month. It's been fun. Sorry, but none of my links are working on todays "sweater weather" post. Can you edit the post and add these links below? Thanks-Kim Klinkovsky

Read more about me and my crafty adventures on my website at:
www.mykrafkloset.weebly.com

Follow me on:
Blog: http://mykraftkloset.weebly.com/blog
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KraftKloset
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/kimkmom4/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/mykraftkloset

Brittany M. said...

Hi Kim, thanks for the links. I have added them and double checked the spelling and made sure they are active. Thanks for designing with us this month!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Thank you, Brittany. It's been fun!

Janis said...

Sweater Weather is sooooooooooo much better than sweat weather! Ha. I am thankful for the cooler temps and the beautiful autumn days we are having. I have reached for a sweatshirt several times already. Thanks for this wonderful challenge!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Brittany M. said...

So glad you could play along, Janis! I love sweater weather best of all, ha ha! So happy Autumn is here :)