Monday, September 4, 2017

Challenge #135 - Labor Day


Hello, crafters!

Being the first Monday in September, we are celebrating Labor Day here in the U.S., so what better than to have a challenge to honor workers and their achievements! We want to challenge you to create a project about working or an occupation - or even what Labor Day means to you. This could be about a job you have, had, or wish you had. Or maybe even a layout about what your kid wants to be when they grow up. Or cards to thank someone in an occupation such as a teacher, doctor, delivery person, etc., we can't wait to see your work.

We are very lucky to have Teresa guest designing with us again this week


Hi, my name is Teresa, I am a single parent to Tyler who is 20 and away at University.  I live in Sittingbourne, Kent in the United Kingdom and I am currently working as a Bakery Section Leader in my local Supermarket, but in my spare time I love to make cards.

I have been crafting on and off for many years, starting with knitting and cross stitch.  After a back operation in 2013, I found myselft with lots of spare time and decided to set up a blog to start showing my cards and I haven't looked back since.

My passion is colouring with my Copic and ProMarkers.  With many young boys starting out in their careers at this time of year, I decided to make a good luck card.  I have used a digital stamp and digital paper, keeping it clean and simple.


Be sure to visit her at her blog and tell her hello: http://redobsessioncards.blogspot.co.uk/



And now, here are the projects from our amazing design team:




My occupation is a chemical engineer so I created a chemistry themed card.

I started subbing in my kids' school last year, after being a stay at home mom for nearly 10 years. My son made my first day of school sign and took my picture, like I make him do on his first day of school.



Labor Day weekend falls on the birth of my oldest child. So I decided to do a "Then and Now" page with his birth story.



And now...Congratulations to the winner of Challenge #133: 

Please send an e-mail within two weeks to papergirlschallengeblog@gmail.com to receive Guest Designer details and be entered into the prize drawing.

New to our Challenges? Please refer our newly updated rules and prize structure here: http://thepapergirlschallenge.blogspot.com/p/how-to-play.html

Also, follow us on our new instagram account. For this challenge use #PGCBchallenge135 and tag us @papergirlschallengeblog for an extra entry in each challenge.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Oh I just noticed my name as the winner, thank you! I will email you.
Tammy x