Monday, November 6, 2017

Challenge #139 - Honoring Our Veterans

Hello friends!

With Veterans Day just around the corner on November 11th, our challenge this week is to create a project to honor our veterans and recognize the sacrifices of our nation's heroes. We are looking forward to seeing any project you create with our veteran's in mind. Be sure to link your projects to this post no later than 11:55pm (MST) on Saturday, November 18th. 


For those of you who have been actively participating in our challenges this last quarter, you may want to stick around to the very end of this post...we have some exciting news :)

BUT now...I would love to introduce you to Ashley !
We are so fortunate to have Ashley guest designing with us for our challenge today!
Hello! I'm Ashley, a 30-something nurse living in Indiana. Every time winter rolls around, I wonder why I haven't moved south yet? I'm engaged and together we have three dogs. I scrapbook 12 x 12, 8.5x11, and pocket style pages and I occasionally make cards. I like variety :) I also like to read and work out (because I love to eat!).

My maternal grandfather was an Army vet and died two years ago. He had a military funeral and I've struggled with how to document his ceremony. I'm grateful for this challenge! I wanted to keep with the traditional red, white, and blue theme and this star stamp was the perfect foundation for my page.


You can find more of Ashley's beautiful projects here (be sure to stop by and show her some love):

Here are the wonderful projects from our design team:

I've been looking forward to scrapbooking these old photos of my Grandpa, Great-Uncle, and Great-Grandpa...three of my favorite Veterans.

Erica
Made a card honoring her Grandfather who is a WWII veteran.

  Made a Remembrance day card set.

Michele
Made a simple red, white and blue card.

And now...congratulations to the winner of Challenge #138:
Paperesse!


FINALLY...

It is time to select our quarterly grand prize winner! We have randomly selected a grand prize winner from the winners from our challenges from July thru September to win an online gift card from our selected vendors.

DRUM ROLL please....
The quarterly winner is Tammy A. !!!!

Congratulations, to both winners! Please send an e-mail to papergirlschallengeblog@gmail.com within the next two weeks and we'll send you details!!!


We want to encourage all of our challenge participants to refer our rules and prize structure here: http://thepapergirlschallenge.blogspot.com/p/how-to-play.html
Also, follow us on our new Instagram account for more chances to win! For this challenge use #PGCBchallenge139 and tag us @papergirlschallengeblog for an extra entry.

Have a wonderful week! We look forward to seeing your beautiful creations!

6 comments:

Barbara Greenberg said...

Congratulations ladies

Bunny said...

I'm playing for fun, no prizes. Thank you so much for honoring out veterans. I think you're the only challenge to do so. [Bunny]

Tammy said...

Oh how exciting to see my name as the quarterly winner!! Thank you so much, I will email you! Beautiful creations DT!
Hugs, Tammy

Ashley H said...

Beautiful projects everyone!

Thanks so much for having me :)

Ashley H said...

Also, I sent an email but can you please remove my last name? (explanation in the email!) Thank you!

Paperesse said...

Thanks so much for choosing my card for you #138 win, with such lovely entries it's an honor indeed! – Paperesse